By: Solomons H.B. No. 704
A BILL TO BE ENTITLED
relating to attorney's fees in the subrogation of a state employee's
workers' compensation claim.
BE IT ENACTED BY THE LEGISLATURE OF THE STATE OF TEXAS:
SECTION 1. Section 501.002(a), Labor Code, is amended to
read as follows:
(a) The following provisions of Subtitles A and B apply to
and are included in this chapter except to the extent that they are
inconsistent with this chapter:
(1) Chapter 401, other than Section 401.012 defining
(2) Chapter 402;
(3) Chapter 403, other than Sections 403.001-403.005;
(4) Chapter 405;
(5) Subchapters B and D through H, Chapter 406, other
than Sections 406.071(a), 406.073, and 406.075;
(6) Chapter 408, other than Sections 408.001(b) and
(7) Chapters 409 and 410;
(8) Subchapters A and G, Chapter 411, other than
Sections 411.003 and 411.004;
(9) Chapters 412-417, other than Sections 417.003(a)
and (b); and
(10) Chapter 451.
SECTION 2. The change in law made by this Act applies only
to a claim for workers' compensation benefits based on a
compensable injury that occurs on or after the effective date of
this Act. A claim based on a compensable injury that occurs before
the effective date of this Act is governed by the law in effect on
the date that the compensable injury occurred, and the former law is
continued in effect for that purpose.
SECTION 3. This Act takes effect September 1, 2003.