Amend CSHB 3 as follows:
(1) On page 35, between lines 24 and 25, insert the following
appropriately numbered SECTION and renumber subsequent SECTIONS of
the part accordingly:
SECTION 3A.____. Subchapter A, Chapter 151, Tax Code, is
amended by adding Section 151.00392 to read as follows:
Sec. 151.00392. "INTERIOR DESIGN OR DECORATING SERVICES."
(a) "Interior design or decorating services" includes:
(1) interior design, as that term is defined by Section
1051.001, Occupations Code; and
(2) services relating to selecting, arranging, or
advising others on the selection or arrangement of a building's or
other structure's interior decorations, including furniture,
draperies, rugs, carpets, and fixtures.
(b) "Interior design or decorating services" does not
include services provided by a building contractor, architect, or
structural engineer that relate to the planning, design, or
installation of a system, including a structural, electrical,
plumbing, heating, ventilating, air conditioning, or mechanical
system, as a part of the design or improvement of a new or renovated
(2) On page 35, line 26, strike "Sections 151.0043 and
151.0044" and substitute "Section 151.0043".
(3) On page 36, strike lines 10-17.
(4) On page 38, strike line 4 and substitute the following:
(19) interior design or decorating services.
(5) On page 39, strike lines 13-16 and substitute the
(b) The tax rate is 11[
10] percent of the gross rental
receipts from the rental of a rented motor vehicle for 30 days or
less and 8.35[ 6 1/4] percent of the gross rental receipts from the
rental of a rented motor vehicle for longer than 30 days, but not
more than 180 days.