H.B. No. 2957
relating to an exemption from the competitive bidding requirement
for certain purchases by an emergency services district.
BE IT ENACTED BY THE LEGISLATURE OF THE STATE OF TEXAS:
SECTION 1. Section 775.084(i), Health and Safety Code, is
amended to read as follows:
(i) This section does not apply to:
(1) the purchase or lease of real property;
(2) an item or service that the board determines can be
obtained from only one source;
(3) a contract for fire extinguishment and suppression
services, emergency rescue services, or ambulance services; [
(4) an emergency expenditure;
(5) the purchase of vehicle fuel; or
(6) the purchase of firefighter bunker gear.
SECTION 2. This Act takes effect September 1, 2005.
President of the Senate Speaker of the House
I certify that H.B. No. 2957 was passed by the House on May
13, 2005, by a non-record vote.
Chief Clerk of the House
I certify that H.B. No. 2957 was passed by the Senate on May
25, 2005, by the following vote: Yeas 31, Nays 0.
Secretary of the Senate