HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES
NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
COMMITTEE: Transportation Funding, Expenditures & Finance, Select
TIME & DATE: 9:00 AM, Wednesday, July 02, 2014
The committee will meet to hear invited and public testimony on the following topics as well as other subjects of interest to the committee:
· Follow-up to questions asked during May 6 hearing
· 2016-2017 Legislative Appropriations Request of Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT)
· Briefing on TxDOT's surplus property and disposition
· Status of $100 million in savings per HB 1
· Prioritizing the planning process and development of the Unified Transportation Program (UTP)
· Development of regional plans by Metropolitan Planning Organizations and how they relate to the Statewide Transportation Improvement Program (STIP) and UTP
· Current letting schedule including proposed bond revenues for balance of biennium
· Possible sources of increased or new revenue e.g. ending diversions through the appropriations process
Public testimony will be limited to 3 minutes per person.
NOTICE OF ASSISTANCE AT PUBLIC MEETINGS
Persons with disabilities who plan to attend this meeting and who may need assistance, such as a sign language interpreter, are requested to contact Stacey Nicchio at (512) 463-0850, 24 hours prior to the meeting so that appropriate arrangements can be made.