HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES
NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
COMMITTEE: Business & Industry
DATE: 10:00 AM or upon final adjourn./recess
The committee will meet to study the following:
· Issues relating to construction contracts in this state, including:
(1) the allocation of liability among persons involved in a construction project;
(2) relationships among parties to construction contracts, including property owners, general contractors, subcontractors, and design professionals;
(3) liens on real property arising from construction contracts;
(4) indemnification and insurance issues;
(6) standards of care for persons involved in construction projects; and
(7) civil actions and other forms of dispute resolution arising from construction defects and remedies for construction defects.
The committee will hear invited testimony only.
NOTICE OF ASSISTANCE AT PUBLIC MEETINGS
Persons with disabilities who plan to attend this meeting and who may need assistance, such as a sign language interpreter, are requested to contact Stacey Nicchio at (512) 463-0850, 72 hours prior to the meeting so that appropriate arrangements can be made.