HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES
NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
TIME & DATE: 9:00 AM, Friday, October 12, 2018
The Committee will meet at the Hilton University of Houston, 4450 University Drive, Houston, TX 77204 in the Shamrock Room.
The Committee will hear invited and public testimony on the following interim charges:
- Review the state's oversight of pension systems and implementation of relevant legislation passed during the 85th Legislature. In conducting this oversight, the committee should:
· Identify concerns of governance or administration that may be appropriate to investigate, address, or eliminate;
· Assess progression of local pension systems towards actuarial soundness and sustainability;
· Review transparency, accountability and efficiency of oversight within the systems.
- Evaluate ways to strengthen and improve Texas public pension systems.
· This includes studying the the effectiveness of corrective mechanisms, such as the Funding Soundness Restoration Plan and Pension Review Board Funding Guidelines.
State Retirement Systems
- Evaluate the governance structures of the Employees Retirement System, Texas Municipal Retirement System, Texas County and District Retirement System, and Texas Emergency Services Retirement System.
· This includes identifying best practices and making recommendations to strengthen oversight within the systems.
NOTICE OF ASSISTANCE AT PUBLIC MEETINGS
Persons with disabilities who plan to attend this meeting and who may need assistance, such as a sign language interpreter, are requested to contact Stacey Nicchio at (512) 463-0850, 72 hours prior to the meeting so that appropriate arrangements can be made.