HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES
NOTICE OF FORMAL REQUEST FOR INFORMATION
COMMITTEE: Aggregate Production Operations, Interim Study
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic and difficulty in scheduling public hearings at this time, the committee is conducting necessary oversight functions through an information gathering process under Section 301.014, Government Code. This is notice that the committee is seeking information and input from designated parties listed below and the public. Submissions received in response to this request will be transmitted to members of the committee and posted on the House website at https://house.texas.gov/committees/committee/?committee=C019.
· The committee seeks submissions from the public. Submissions must be in Word format and are limited to 5 pages in length. Submissions must be submitted via e-mail to the committee clerk, at email@example.com by 5pm on October 30, 2020.
The impact of aggregate production operations (APOs), including, but not limited to, rock-crushing facilities, concrete batch plants, and hot-mix asphalt plants, across the state.
Examples of issues impacted by APOs include, but are not limited to:
(1) general enforcement of regulations;
(2) nuisance issues relating to dust, noise, and light;
(3) transportation safety and transportation integrity;
(4) air quality;
(5) blasting enforcement;
(6) reclamation efforts;
(7) distance of facilities from adjoining property lines;
(8) disruption of groundwater; and
(9) the impact of municipal ordinances;