HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES
NOTICE OF FORMAL REQUEST FOR INFORMATION
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic and challenges in scheduling public
hearings at this time, the House Committee on Appropriations: Subcommittee on Infrastructure, Resiliency, & Investments is conducting necessary oversight functions through an information gathering process under Section 301.014, Government Code.
This is notice that the committee is seeking information and input from
the public. Submissions received in response to this request will be
transmitted to members of the committee and posted on the House website at https://house.texas.gov/committees/committee/?committee=C018.
· Submissions must be in Microsoft Word or Adobe PDF.
· Submissions are requested to be limited to 5 pages in length.
· Please submit a separate document for each topic to which you are responding.
· Submissions must be submitted via e-mail to Appropriations@house.texas.gov and are requested to include “SIRI” in the first part of the Subject for quick identification.
· Please include the following information in the submission email: submitter name, organization or entity (if applicable and an authorized representative), mailing address, email, and telephone number.
· The deadline for all submissions is Wednesday, September 30.
· Comments received in response to this Request for Information will be publicly posted on TLO, TLIS, and the House website. When submitting comments, please remove any personal identifying information, such as your personal phone number, residence address, or e-mail address.
Interim Charge 1: Monitor the implementation of disaster-related legislation from the 86th Legislature, including but not limited to SB 7, SB 8, and SB 500. Identify any issues and corresponding remedies for those issues in drawing down any federal funds related to the purposes of carrying out the intent of the newly enacted legislation.
Interim Charge 2: Review the funding appropriated to state agencies for information technology (IT) and cybersecurity improvements and modernization. Evaluate the cost of ongoing IT and cybersecurity upgrades and the methodology for prioritizing projects.
Interim Charge 3: Monitor the implementation of SB 69 and the impact to investment returns made from the Economic Stabilization Fund.
In the event it becomes feasible to safely conduct a public meeting, the
Committee reserves the right to hold an in-person hearing on these