HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES
NOTICE OF FORMAL REQUEST FOR INFORMATION
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic and difficulty in scheduling public
hearings at this time, the committee is conducting necessary oversight
functions through an information gathering process under Section 301.014,
This is a notice that the House Committee on Corrections is seeking written submissions and input from state agencies and the public on the interim charge listed below. Submissions received in response to this request will be transmitted to members of the committee and posted on the House committee website.
· Submissions must be in Microsoft Word format or Adobe PDF.
· Submissions are requested to be limited to 5 pages in length.
· Submissions must be submitted via email to the Committee Clerk, Roel Benavides, at email@example.com.
· Include the following information in the submission email:
submitter name, organization or entity (if applicable), mailing address, email, and telephone number.
· The deadline for all submissions is Friday, December 4, 2020.
Interim Charge #2: Examine gaps in services and assess efforts to connect justice-involved veterans, senior citizens, and homeless populations to services while incarcerated and after release at both the local and state levels. Specifically, the committee should evaluate training and technical
assistance provided by the Texas Veterans Commission to criminal justice agencies.