NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
COMMITTEE: Intergovernmental Relations
TIME & DATE: 1:30 PM, Tuesday, January 28, 2020
PLACE: Brownsville, TX
The Senate Committee on Intergovernmental Relations will meet on Tuesday, January 28, 2020 at 1:30 p.m. at the following location:
The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley - Main Building
Salon Cassia (Room 2.402)
1 West University Boulevard
Brownsville, Texas 78520
The Committee will meet to hear invited and public testimony on the Committee's interim charges:
1. Low-Income Housing Tax Credit Program: Review existing regulations governing the Low-Income Housing Tax Credit Program and the Qualified Allocation Plan to determine whether regulations exist that unnecessarily increase the cost of developing and maintaining affordable housing. Make recommendations to provide regulatory relief and provide greater development of affordable housing in Texas.
2. Federal Housing Review: Study all federal housing programs accessible to Texas. Make recommendations that ensure the state maximizes the use of those programs.
3. Infrastructure Resiliency: Examine the authority special purpose districts have to generate natural disaster resilient infrastructure. Determine ways state government can work with special purpose districts to mitigate future flooding and promote more resilient infrastructure. Make recommendations on how special purpose districts may use their statutory authority to assist in mitigating damage from future natural disasters.
4. Monitoring: Monitor the implementation of legislation addressed by the Senate Committee on Intergovernmental Relations passed by the 86th Legislature, as well as relevant agencies and programs under the committee's jurisdiction. Specifically, make recommendations for any legislation needed to improve, enhance, or complete implementation of the following:
· Senate Bill 1303, relating to landowner rights in a city's extraterritorial jurisdiction;
· Senate Bill 1474, relating to private activity bonds; and
· House Bill 2330, relating to simplifying disaster assistance.
Those wishing to give public testimony, please limit prepared remarks to 3 minutes. If submitting written testimony, please submit 20 copies, with your name on each copy, to the Committee during the hearing.
NOTICE OF ASSISTANCE AT PUBLIC MEETINGS
PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES WHO PLAN TO ATTEND THIS MEETING AND WHO MAY NEED ASSISTANCE, SUCH AS A SIGN LANGUAGE INTERPRETER OR PERSONAL ASSISTIVE LISTENING DEVICES, ARE REQUESTED TO CONTACT THE SENATE COMMITTEE COORDINATOR AT 512/463-0070, 72 HOURS PRIOR TO THE MEETING SO APPROPRIATE ARRANGEMENTS CAN BE MADE.