NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
TIME & DATE: 9:00 AM, Tuesday, February 23, 2021
PLACE: E1.036 (Finance Room)
Any unfinished business will be moved to a later date, to be determined.
To protect the health and safety of members, staff and the public, the Senate Finance Committee (SFC) will strictly follow all Senate rules relating to the pandemic, including the requirement for a negative COVID test to enter the hearing room.
Agencies and other invited witnesses must submit any written materials 2 full business days before their hearing date. Please submit 50 copies to the Committee, and 6 copies to the Legislative Budget Board. The hearing schedule is subject to change. Agencies should consult the postings regularly and maintain contact with Committee staff.
Anyone wishing to provide oral public testimony must register in E1.028 by noon on the hearing date. Oral testimony is limited to 3 minutes. If providing written testimony, bring 20 copies, with your name on each copy, to E1.028. All written testimony will be distributed to the Committee Members after the hearing. Those registering a position-only may do so at any Senate kiosk by the end of the hearing.
· Oral testimony: fill out a paper witness card in E1.028 and submit to SFC staff.
· Oral and written testimony: fill out a paper witness card in E1.028 and submit your witness card and written testimony to SFC staff.
· Position only: register using the Senate kiosk located in the extension hallways or by going to http://swrs on public-capitol. Kiosk registration will open 30 minutes before the hearing begins.
· Written testimony only: register your position using the Senate kiosk and then bring 20 copies, with your name on each copy, to E1.028 and submit to SFC staff.
For those unable to appear in person, comments may be provided directly to each Committee Member, whose contact information can be found at: www.senate.texas.gov
The afternoon hearing will reconvene 30 minutes after the Senate adjourns when in session.
LBB presentation documents can be found at: http://www.lbb.state.tx.us/Legislative_Session.aspx?Session=86
To consider the following:
SB 1 Nelson
Article III - Education
Higher Education Coordinating Board
Available University Fund
Higher Education Fund
Available National Research University Fund
Permanent Fund Supporting Military Veterans Exemptions
Texas Woman's University
Midwestern State University
Texas Southern University
Stephen F. Austin State University
Texas A&M System Administrative and System Offices
· Texas A&M University Texarkana
· Texas A&M University San Antonio
· Texas A&M University Central Texas
· Texas A&M International University
· Texas A&M University Kingsville
· Texas A&M University Corpus Christi
· Prairie View A&M University
· Texas A&M University at Galveston
· West Texas A&M University
· Texas A&M University Commerce
· Tarleton State University
· Texas A&M University
Texas A&M University System Health Science Center
Texas A&M System Agencies
· Texas A&M Agrilife Research
· Texas A&M Agrilife Extension Service
· Texas A&M Forest Service
· Texas A&M Veterinary Medical Diagnostic Lab
· Texas A&M Department of Emergency Management
· Texas A&M Engineering Experiment Station
· Texas A&M Transportation Institute
· Texas A&M Engineering Extension Service
Texas State University System
· Lamar University
· Sam Houston State University
· Sul Ross State University
· Sul Ross State University Rio Grande College
· Texas State University
· Lamar Institute of Technology
· Lamar State College- Port Arthur
· Lamar State College- Orange
University of North Texas System Administration
· University of North Texas
· University of North Texas at Dallas
University of North Texas Health Science Center at Fort Worth
NOTICE OF ASSISTANCE AT PUBLIC MEETINGS
PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES WHO PLAN TO ATTEND THIS MEETING AND WHO MAY NEED ASSISTANCE, SUCH AS A SIGN LANGUAGE INTERPRETER OR PERSONAL ASSISTIVE LISTENING DEVICES, ARE REQUESTED TO CONTACT THE SENATE COMMITTEE COORDINATOR AT 512/463-0070, 72 HOURS PRIOR TO THE MEETING SO APPROPRIATE ARRANGEMENTS CAN BE MADE.