NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
TIME & DATE: 9:00 AM, Wednesday, February 24, 2021
PLACE: E1.036 (Finance Room)
Any unfinished business will be moved to a later date, to be determined.
To protect the health and safety of members, staff and the public, the Senate Finance Committee (SFC) will strictly follow all Senate rules relating to the pandemic, including the requirement for a negative COVID test to enter the hearing room.
Agencies and other invited witnesses must submit any written materials 2 full business days before their hearing date. Please submit 50 copies to the Committee, and 6 copies to the Legislative Budget Board. The hearing schedule is subject to change. Agencies should consult the postings regularly and maintain contact with Committee staff.
Anyone wishing to provide oral public testimony must register in E1.028 by noon on the hearing date. Oral testimony is limited to 3 minutes. If providing written testimony, bring 20 copies, with your name on each copy, to E1.028. All written testimony will be distributed to the Committee Members after the hearing. Those registering a position-only may do so at any Senate kiosk by the end of the hearing.
· Oral testimony: fill out a paper witness card in E1.028 and submit to SFC staff.
· Oral and written testimony: fill out a paper witness card in E1.028 and submit your witness card and written testimony to SFC staff.
· Position only: register using the Senate kiosk located in the extension hallways or by going to http://swrs on public-capitol. Kiosk registration will open 30 minutes before the hearing begins.
· Written testimony only: register your position using the Senate kiosk and then bring 20 copies, with your name on each copy, to E1.028 and submit to SFC staff.
For those unable to appear in person, comments may be provided directly to each Committee Member, whose contact information can be found at: www.senate.texas.gov
The afternoon hearing will reconvene 30 minutes after the Senate adjourns when in session.
LBB presentation documents can be found at: http://www.lbb.state.tx.us/Legislative_Session.aspx?Session=86
To consider the following:
SB 1 Nelson
Article III - Education
Texas Tech University System Administration
· Angelo State University
· Texas Tech University
Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center
Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center at El Paso
Baylor College of Medicine
University of Texas System Administration
· The University of Texas at Arlington
· The University of Texas at Austin
· The University of Texas at Dallas
· The University of Texas at El Paso
· The University of Texas at Permian Basin
· The University of Texas at Rio Grande Valley
· The University of Texas at Tyler
· The University of Texas at San Antonio
University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center
University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center
University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston
University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston
University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio
University of Texas Rio Grande Valley School of Medicine
University of Texas Health Science Center at Tyler
University of Houston System Administration
· University of Houston
· University of Houston- Downtown
· University of Houston- Clear Lake
· University of Houston- Victoria
· University of Houston College of Medicine
Public Community/Junior Colleges
Texas State Technical College System and Administration
· Texas State Technical College- Harlingen
· Texas State Technical College- West Texas
· Texas State Technical College- Marshall
· Texas State Technical College- Waco
· Texas State Technical College- Fort Bend
· Texas State Technical College- North Texas
Special Provisions Relating Only to Components of Texas State Technical
Special Provisions Relating Only to State Agencies of Higher Education
NOTICE OF ASSISTANCE AT PUBLIC MEETINGS
PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES WHO PLAN TO ATTEND THIS MEETING AND WHO MAY NEED ASSISTANCE, SUCH AS A SIGN LANGUAGE INTERPRETER OR PERSONAL ASSISTIVE LISTENING DEVICES, ARE REQUESTED TO CONTACT THE SENATE COMMITTEE COORDINATOR AT 512/463-0070, 72 HOURS PRIOR TO THE MEETING SO APPROPRIATE ARRANGEMENTS CAN BE MADE.